Tuesday 15 March 2016

Professional Inquiry.


After brainstorming a few different ideas and avenues I would like to possibly work on, I have decided to focus my energy and thoughts into and area I think effects most performers.

                                      The Pressures Of Being A Performer


The questions I have com up with so far are;


  • How does it feel when your performing?
  • What's the best comment you have received when performing or training?
  • What's the worst comment your have received when performing or training? 
  • How can we as a collaboration of perfumers and teachers create and develop a safe environment where performers can work on create art? 

I feel that as a performer we have to face a variation of obstacles such as confidence, image,  self esteem level, allowing yourself to perform openly to an audience and the effects that may have on you? 

The answers to my question;

  • Before I perform I get stupidly nervous and doubt myself. I massively have a problem with the the fear of forgetting my lines, so the build up of nerves before I go on stage is all I think about. But once I start performing it's as if I go into a state of unawareness which allows to just absorb the moment and enjoy it. And the feeling after is beyond any feeling you can feel - and once you've finished all you crave is that feeling again. 
  • Just general positive feed back from friends and teachers. 
  • Being asked/told it would be good for my career if I lost weight - which without realising until now (3years later) how massively it effected my confidence within the studio. 
  • At the moment in my drama classes with my pupils I'm really working towards creating a safe environment, which already is allowing my pupils to try new things and become more confident. I've been doing this by working a lot on group work and creating a stable base of trust though certain lifts and team work. 




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Alys - today yowls discussed your work using the crafts of singing, dancing and acting - and creating safe place for performers in the classes that you do - off to google your key words and go on Summon and the Library Guides - to see if some of these ideas relate to the pressures of learning the craft.

    ReplyDelete